Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wishing and a hoping


I haven't put much up here for a while, I feel like I've been busy, but not much picture proof to show for it.  We've been busy getting the garden ready for the winter bloom (and rains and masses of weeds if we're caught unprepared (again)).

A while back I took cuttings of all the succulents that have been doing well, the big, bushy ones and started propagating them.  The picture below is of the extended succulent garden with all the babies planted out (with a few stray potatoes, parsley, a climbing rose, a pomegranate and a callistemon (so it's not a strict succulent garden, but who's going to say no to  potatoes coming up?)

This area is under a lot of shade from the neighbour's tree and hopefully in summer the succulents will be big and beefy and be able to deal with the summer, so I'll still have something green and blooming to look at.


Here's what it should become like.... I *hope*.  minus all the garlic that has popped up in it.  I really need to harvest all of it from that patch next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment