Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I thought it was obvious

I thought that my no junk mail sign on the letterbox was adequate enough that I wouldn't receive junk mail.  I thought that was the point of the signs, but lately I've been getting heaps of catalogues, and that makes me mad (as in the angry goat in that old sesame street cartoon, who sings an angry song and jumps about with a red face)

 Even though this doesn't seem like such a big deal as I just recycle them - it's not the point.  They shouldn't just be made to be chucked away.  Reduce before recycle!  

I've even chased delivery people down the street waving junk mail and exclaiming 'i've got a sign!!!'.  Last week I chased a guy who looked truly freaked out (I am getting to be quite a heavily pregnant lady at the moment and I think I was wearing a funny hat) who protested his innocence and said that he was just the community newspaper delivery guy... (mind you, I don't want that either, can you have a sign that says 'no free newspapers'?)

It has been pointed out to me that possibly advertisers don't think that their catalogues are junk mail and it is actually welcomed in some places, and maybe the delivery people were so captivated by my dinosaurs that they missed the plaque, so I made some new signs.  Out of highly reflective shiny shiny lovely stuff courtesy of JF who works at a sign shop. 

 I think it's pretty obvious now.
Also the front garden only looks good in winter when the nasturtiums come out.  So I'm happy they're back again.  It's a weird spot, it's got an almond and a walnut tree within the bed, but both are overshadowed by a tree on the footpath which stunts their growth, and anything in the garden AND drops leaves everywhere including on the car (cause it's the only place we have to park)

So that's my rant about junk mail, and I'm off to do something for my husbands birthday......hopefully it'll be up here soon!

1 comment:

  1. awesome! you can get away with all kinds of crazy when you're pregnant. live it up.

    ReplyDelete