Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our Sunday


Here is a patch of before and after (or in this case, after and before).  We got into the grass area this morning and discovered all kinds of things coming up amongst the weeds, which combined with the plants we transplanted, should hopefully form a lovely thick flowery patch.

There's a random selection of bulbs, plus daffodils that I've rescued from other parts of the garden, iris's and agapanthas.  I'm hoping that the iris' and aga's especially will just form dense clumps.  I'm also pleased that my yellow alstromera that I though perished over summer is back! I'm going to split my pink one and hopefully it'll take over another section and be full of flowers!

In the afternoon we had a working bee for the baby's room, and as you can see, it needs a bit of work.  My aunty and cousin and husband pulled off damp rendering and seemed to have a great time smashing things.  We're going to re-render next weekend.  Because it's a rental house, I was just concerned about making it safe, not all damp and yucky, but now I actually think it could be a nice room as well.......  We'll see how next week goes.  So the living room is once again full of stuff, since all the crap we'd hidden in that room is now out and about!
I'm off to darkcloud's for soup and a game, it was a lucky invite, because dinner wasn't planned, and you can't just eat fruitsalad all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment