Tuesday, July 21, 2009

These became.....these!

So....here's some fabric. We've got plain black drill, ikea drill prints, and a crazy old curtain.
They became.....

these!

This is a favourite dress/tunic of mine that I've made a couple of times from one of my patterns in my collection. It's a Simplicity from 1976, and is such a handy dress - the pockets fit HEAPS of things and don't bulge out (I wear my tunic for installing shows, it fits a hammer, tape, nails etc and doesn't complain!)
I've never made it without the shoulder frills before, but I think the neckline is a winner here coupled with the slightly extended shoulder line. We decided to go contrast loco with this one.
These garments were both swaps with jewellers. I'm very happy with my swaps and will have to put up pictures of them. Swapping is great!! We're planning some earring trades soon :)

The other graphic fabric is........on it's way to getting made. Had to have a bit of a think about how to go about the construction of it. Hopefully will get it started this week.

1 comment:

  1. they're all so purdy! i love both shirt/dresses. that pattern is a winner. the practicallity is the best though. i need to practice some pockets. i have nowhere to hang my hammer!

    ReplyDelete