Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yay! It's up!

Here is the roman blind/window blanket that I finished during the sewing day with darkcloud - only a little delay and it's up and usable! yay! Another project finished that got started oh so long ago!

It's funny, you'd think it'd be overwhelming and make your eyes hurt with the optical nature of the stripes mismatched into squares, but it kinda just blends in with the rest of the decor (which says something about our house)

Here it is half up, showing the lovely view of the lane between our house and our neighbours. We have been encouraging ivy to grow along the fence line, it's just not up to that point yet.
A backlit view, the internal work isn't as bad as I thought it'd be..............lucky!


1 comment:

  1. I love these, i love these, i love these!! I live in a country that insulates very well for winter but I don't care. I think my windows would love quilts of their own!

    ReplyDelete