Monday, May 11, 2009

I can see the hallway!


It's true!!  Nothing like finally getting around to it (with the kick in the pants of having a total stranger for dinner).  I've had one side of the hallway stacked up with boxes - boxes of fabric, stuff for the opshops, stuff for other people to look through, stuff that I just haven't got around to sorting.  In short, it hasn't been clear in quite a while...

The other side of the hallway is a shelf with custom made cardboard boxes.  Originally we'd planned to put the fabric in them, but they proved just too heavy and I had too much fabric (for 25 boxes 38 x 38 x 30cm) so that involved another change around (and the reason I'm citing that it took so long to finish) and I put in my sewing pattern collection. Previously I had them in big plastic containers under my pattern table, (where the fabric, or half of it now lives) but now they're much more easily accessible.

I also got a chance to use up all the lovely bits of paper I'd collected over the years (which were just sitting there and I never could figure out what to do with them!)  
Darkcloud suggested it looked like a patchwork (recent topic of conversation for us)  I'm pretty happy with them, and very happy it's finished!

3 comments:

  1. nice hallway! now the tricky part of keeping it clear of stuff and looking like this. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hallway! I'm trying to figure out storage for our recently flooded basement, and I like the way you have such a long stretch of cubicles. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! it's still clean! (maybe it will spread....?)

    ReplyDelete