Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My day/main job



These are glimpses of a frock that got picked up this morning.  I'd put the entire picture up, but shall wait until after the event.  It's a 50's style dress with a full circle skirt (4m+ circumference with 6m+ of ruffle at the bottom (that's a lot of pinning!)  It's made from a sari and incorporates all the different elements of the fabric, heavily woven red top section, heavily embroidered orange silk, the plain silk and the border band.

Basically the types of clothing I make can be sorted into two categories, with a bit of overlap from each other.  I make garments for hard to fit bodies, and garments for people who aren't pleased with what's in fashion.  I don't really make things that can blend in with current trends, rather I hope, garments that stand the test of time because they're made for my client's tastes, so they'll want to keep wearing them forever!

I generally make simple clothing with detailing and contrast.  I hope to be able to make some things for myself that have a lot of embellishment on them.  I just need to fit it in the schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment