Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Instantaneous exhibition and auction

Previously.....

I did a zine, I sold it in my comic store, I got invited to be in a show, I did a particularly poignant piece of cross species post apocalyptic love (Dead Dinosaur Love Story) I got invited back again (even though I haven't quite finished my next zine.....)

End of recap!

This is the drawing I ended up doing:

G.I.A.R (Girl In A Robot)



I didn't have much time as I was juggling other things, and then when I had the time, I couldn't think of 'an original or parody comic book cover'. But finally inspiration struck! With Robot arms and a pocket furnace!!!

So it's not as detailed as I'd like it too be, but I feel I made up for it with silver ink - everywhere. I wish I'd had time to tint the background a blue gray, but the inks were at the other studio and I was at home....

I'm not actually that big a fan of drawing for drawing's sake, but I'd like to get over that big whole 'white fright' and all the angst that comes with it. And I do like doing pictures like this, and I have got two little comic zines in the works, so hopefully after the muesum they'll see the light of day!

The exhibition details are here at Pulp Fiction Comics. It's an exhibition and charity auction, so I'm really happy to be a part of it. We caught the exhibition last year, but missed the auction, because I was tired, pregnant and hungry, and now this year we have the results of that, but we might drag him along anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment