Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Directions / Mailbox Fashion

It's hard to believe that we first did the letterbox in 2006. Here's DC demonstrating it's function. It had lovely scroll work flocking, and astroturf landscaping complete with animals enjoying the pasture, and then had a dinosaurific re-haul last year but was starting to look shabby.

The astroturf had almost disintegrated, and things were just getting kaka. So a new direction. Paired back, minimal, with a fuscia base and metallic purple spray paint. It's hard to see, but it's pretty sparkly. But it's had mixed reviews.

I put an extra platform on, so as to have more space for my ultra supercool dinosaur skeletons. I just wanted them not to be too crowded. Like an old school museum exhibit. And really, in my head I was making little velvet ropes, but in reality, I'd already used a bucket for a mailbox for two weeks, and I just needed to get it up there.
The glorious shininess is not really captured in the photo..

I am waiting on getting a tiny terracotta pot to put next to the Tyrannosaurus skeleton, and some Tillandsias for the scrolls.

*sigh* It's hard to be the new thing after astroturf....

No comments:

Post a Comment