Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Garden (and Garden show)


This is the first flower of my violet alstroemeria, I'm very excited, because I thought I lost it last summer during the heat wave, and it's now happily living in a pot, waiting to move to it's new home.
And these are the yellow flowers that have just bloomed for the first time as well. Luckily the way you pick the flowers encourages more growth of the lily, because I couldn't help myself with these ones! I'm hoping to have a bed of them in lots of different colours for cut flowers. I like having flowers in the house, but most of the ones I grow, especially the bulbs, I don't have enough of, or enjoy them too much out in the garden to dare pick them.

On another note, I am now officially part of an art exhibition about gardening (thanks DC!) that is happening next November. I'm really happy about that and really looking forward to working in a studio that has enough room to store all my materials and equipment. Since the whole moving decision I kind of have paused on my eternal quest to find a better way to store everything in a small space (can't give up anything, so please don't suggest it!), and have just been waiting to figure it all out again in a new space.



Does anyone have any suggestions or favourite websites for cool sewing storage stuff?
I'm thinking a giant pegboard for my tools, and possible thread display.........

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rosie,

    I love the flowers.
    I have found a web site for you to have a look at. Hope this helps with storage issue.
    www.craftainers.com.au
    also sent some photo's to your e-mail.

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete