Sunday, September 27, 2009

Back!!

Yay! I finished something postbaby!
Well, I actually almost had this skirt done before Xi arrived, just had the hem and buttons to do, and then.......time twisted and flew. Luckily it is now finished and fitted and delivered to a fabulous artist who'll frock up for her exhibition opening soon.

Remember this fabric on the line way back when? Well, it became this:


It's a very bold skirt and I love it - I can't believe it's the first time I've done a scalloped hem - I've always loved them, but have just been too slack to do it for myself, but having now made one for someone else...I want to definitely have my own hem!

This skirt is a first for a number of things - it was requested that it was a multi size skirt, and I'd never made that kind of thing before either, so I developed this unit within the yoke section. I'm really happy with the result, because I've turned something that is usually hidden against the body (and is hard to get to and often awkward to use (I've had some 'travel' pants like that)) into a design feature on the band.
And it's also got a zippered pocket that follows the print. Again, pretty happy with that, especially since I can't see the pocket on the full photo of the skirt.

Darkcloud came around the other night and helped put my studio to rights after it'd been used (and abused) as a dumping room for crap while parents were visiting type of room. Which I'm extremely greatful for, since I had been trying for a fortnight to sneak in and tidy it up so I could have a few moments breathing in lovely (if neglected) studio air and looking at my stuff.
Xi's going to be in our room for the foreseeable future, so I'm going to use his room to go through my remaining boxes. And I will go through them!

I'm also looking forward to making something new to wear since most of my clothing now doesn't not fit due to a certain method of feeding babies..... I'm really sick of the four things that I've been rotating.....

No comments:

Post a Comment